I was recently tagged by Sara at Novel Novice to participate in the Mystery Blogger Awards, and I couldn’t resist participating due to be nominated by Sara.
- Once you’re tagged, add the award image to your blog
- List these rules
- Thank whoever nominated you & link to their blog
- Also mention & link to the creator of the award/tag (that would be Okoto Enigma)
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10-20 other bloggers & notify them by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions; try to include one weird or funny question
- Answer the questions YOU’VE been asked
- Share a link to your best post(s)
So here we go …
Three Things About Me
- I have been writing books since I was 4. I used to write myself picture books and draw the pictures as a little kid. Then I continued to write as I got older because it was my way to escape the world. I have always been a book reader from a very young age.
- I get to work with social media for my day job. I love social media and I was very excited once I got to do this as my day job. Through social media I get to learn so much and also share experiences with others.
- I love tv shows. I would rather watch tv shows over movies. I think tv shows are kind of like books, it has a story continuation. I am a bit of a tv show junky.
5 Questions from Novel Novice
Which author is an auto-buy author for you? Whose books will you buy just because they wrote it?
I have a few auto-buy authors. A big one is Alexandra Bracken. I haven’t read a book that I didn’t like by her. She always has amazing world building and characters. I also enjoy Leigh Bardugo’s writing. Sarah J Maas is a must. I love Claudia Gray and Kiera Cass. I really have a lot of auto buy authors that I love.
What sub-genre do you absolutely adore? (For example, I am a sucker for crime families/organized crime in YA lit.)
I love teens in government and space operas. These are my two favorite sub-genres.
How did you get your blog name?
I got my blog name from my username @love2dazzle. I think my username will need to be explained first. My mom came up with @love2dazzle due to my love of Twilight and the fact that I was always wearing glitter. Glitter shirts, glitter in my hair, glitter in my eye shadow. I was all about the glitter. In some ways I still am just not all of it at once. When I was trying to think of a blog name. I thought Dazzled by Books would be perfect. I incorporates my already existing brand for myself. Then when I read Clockwork Angel by Casasndra Clare and she has the line: “I’ve never seen anyone get so excited over books before. You’d think they were diamonds.” I made a point to get permission from Cassandra Clare to use this line for my business cards.
What is your social media of choice & why?
Instagram. Being a Social Media Marketer, I have learned so much about social media. Instagram was already my favorite because I love taking pictures. This gave me the opportunity to combine two things I love.
What’s the best book-related thing that’s ever happened to you?
My friends. I have met amazing people through the bookish community. I have an amazing group on friends that I met because of book events and book blogging. It has been an amazing journey.
Most Liked Post: